Today was my turn at cooking: pancakes for lunch!
Anyway, tomorrow afternoon we’re leaving. So what did we get done today?
The desired graphviz visual output from both of our tools is done! One of the two main goals.
More cleaning and even more cleaning. Scripts from 2006 in dire need of major cleanup. Now they’re getting that cleanup.
My helper methods for doing away with lots of boilerplate code were added to more files today. Lot of code that’s disappearing: fun and handy for later maintenance.
Apart from the two main turtle parts (“rural” and “urban”), there turned out to be a smaller third one: “geo”. I whipped that one into shape in the new structure in an hour or so.
We’re trying to get some large-scale testing with full models done. I wrote a helper method to deal with comparing the results and Jonas is now hooking up scripts and data.
I just did a bit of statistics on the code: we went from 31300 lines of python code to 26408, so we managed to chop off some 16%. Adding functionality and having fewer code: that’s great.
Well, tonight and tomorrow morning we’ll try to finish off most of the loose ends. We already accomplished what we set out to do, so everything extra is, well, extra :-)
My name is Reinout van Rees and I work a lot with Python (programming language) and Django (website framework). I live in The Netherlands and I'm happily married to Annie van Rees-Kooiman.
Most of my website content is in my weblog. You can keep up to date by subscribing to the automatic feeds (for instance with Google reader):