So, wednesday morning. I didn’t get arount to posting something at the end of tuesday as I had to hop on the bike back to Nieuwegein at the end of the afternoon. My wife and me had tickets for a theater show: the complete works of Shakespeare by the silly buggers of the reduced Shakespeare company. Fun evening. This morning I got back. Bit of a fog combined with a chilly morning means I’m clutching my coffee to get warm fingers again :-)
Ok, main points that we did yesterday:
Finished the buildout for turtle-urban. It works well and reliable. Finally it is easy to collect all moving parts: essential for the installer.
The installer: it is alive! For turtle-urban, we now have a pretty proper windows click-click installer. TODO: keep it from downloading files. Pieter is fixing that right now.
I simplified the logging handling greatly. Just instantiate your own logging
logger = logging.getLogger(__name__) and call a custom logger
setup function I tucked away in a library. So basically two lines and
you’re done. Instead of the existing 20 lines per file like in most current
files. I could luckily reuse existing code as a colleague already figured
out how to hook up python’s logging to an Arcgis window.
Several files got the new logging setup. That solved their logging problems
and made their
main() method clearer. This also means we started a new
cleaner basic turtle script template.
Several bug fixes and lots of trac ticket cleanup.
My name is Reinout van Rees and I work a lot with Python (programming language) and Django (website framework). I live in The Netherlands and I'm happily married to Annie van Rees-Kooiman.
Most of my website content is in my weblog. You can keep up to date by subscribing to the automatic feeds (for instance with Google reader):