Just saw this on twitter. Linkedin can create a nice visualisation of
your network. (http://inmaps.linkedinlabs.com). My visualisation
turned out pretty OK:
It correctly identifies four main groups.
- Former student club.
- A big bunch of python/django/plone.
- Construction informatics research (“my PhD subject”).
- My current company.
Regarding my (former) workplaces and their connection to my
python/django/plone cluster (the blue one on the right), it is nice
to see a difference:
- PhD colleagues? My water management colleages at my current job?
No connections. I’ll have to get my IT colleagues to increase their
python network, though :-)
- The Health Agency? The small brownish purple that sits right next
to the python cluster. Two colleagues were very active there.
- Zest software? Indistinguishable from the python cluster. Fully
integrated. Yep, most of us were very active in python/plone.
Funny to see it visualised this way.