My wife is looking for a job, so give here one
Well, that’s an unusual subject, right? Yes, my lovely wife is looking for a
job. (Dutch: mijn echtgenote zoekt een baan. Ik hou, gezien het reguliere
publiek hier, m’n tekst gewoon in het Engels.)
- She writes well. Especially Dutch, of course. She studied history, which
is basically the best study for reading, writing, summarizing and gathering
information. So not only writing, but also doing a sizable bit of
background information search for that.
- Writing: yes, also for websites, which fits my own natural public on my
weblog. She maintains most of the content on a Plone website that I set up, so she’s comfy with a CMS. And she’s got
her own (wordpress) blog.
- For practical reasons: 12-20 hours per week max.
- Bonus points if it is a job at a governmental organisation (Dutch:
gemeente, bijvoorbeeld) in the educational field. She worked as a
municipal educational officer, for instance.
- She’s also good as a secretary. Preferrably a bit on the hard side instead
of on the boring side. A former employer once asked her to come and work
for the new organization that she then worked for: pretty good indication
that she’s hard working and efficient.
So: need someone intelligent who can write? A good secretary? A
researcher/writer? Preferrably with website experience? Get her.
Some practical points:
- Yeah, 12 till 20 hours max.
- We live in Nieuwegein and we don’t have a car, so either
work-partially-from-home or accessible by public transport or bicycle.
- Get her, she’s good.
- Her Dutch CV is online.
- See her linkedin page.