Europython grok sprint day one
We had a good day of sprinting today. There was a short list of five bugs on
the menu (see previous entry),
so we immediately divided up in pairs and just started fixing the bugs.
- The xmlrpc bug was fixed by a new zope.publisher 3.4.8 release done remotely
by Michael Haubenwallner.
- I paired with Christian Klinger on the view/codeview split and got that all
sorted out. It is still on a branch as we want to bring the code coverage
of grokcore.view up to 100% (it is now at 96). Getting it the first 1% up
already uncovered one bug :-)
- Uli and Martijn made a change in zope.publisher and tweaked around with
unauthorized exceptions for the login.html/wsgi problem. It seems to work,
but needs polishing and testing.
- Todd, Souheil and Kevin fixed the zope.public permission bug by creating a
grok.view permission. Grokproject now gives everyone that permission, so if
you want to close down your site: just remove that permission. A new
grokproject release has to await a new grok release because of the version
- The template dir for multiple views was worked on by Godefroid and Vincent,
but this needed more discussion than initially thought so the bug is still
So: I’m totally happy with the outcome!