I’ve done a round of updating on my website: some pretty big changes!
- No more Plone. My website has always been, till now, plain Zope or Plone.
Especially when working full-time with Plone, I used my own website to test
out things (like buildout recipes, project structure, etc.). Eat your own
Plone lovers, don’t despair: I’ve still got my church website and I’ll probably start a new Plone website
in the next few months.
- Generated with Sphinx. Great tool to generate
documentation and, with some tweaks, also for generating my personal website
including the weblog. I added two custom restructuredtext constructs,
one for tags and one for easily including my smugmug images. And a script that goes through my
weblog folder structure and generates the appropriate index pages, tag pages
and atom feeds.
- Deliverance in front of the
sphinx-generated static text files. With Deliverance, you make a separate
layout (html with some dummy text and with some css + image files) and you
configure Deliverance to use that layout for your sources (in my case the
static sphinx text files and some LaTeX and docbook generated html
documents). For a deliverance explanation, see a 2007 introduction by Rob
It works. It is fast. I need to do a number of small fixes. Tweak the layout
a bit. Add a load of redirects to my apache config. But I’ve got a fresh new
website that I can handily maintain while sitting offline in the train :-)