Having fun with the python documentation generation tool sphinx today. I halfway hooked it up in my buildout, so I have a
bin/sphinx-build script with all the eggs and python paths linked in.
Boom, semi-automatic python docstring extraction failed with an import error (on Products.statusmessages, Products.Archetypes, etc.). Aha, those are not in the
Products/ dir in
parts/zope2/lib/python (which is linked) but in
parts/plone/*. It took me quite some time, but in the end (after looking at zope's own code) I added the following near the top of my sphinx conf.py config file:
import Products # ^^^ From zope's lib/python. Products.__path__.append(os.path.abspath('../../parts/plone')) # ^^^ Relative path in my situation.
I did not know that individual modules also had a path, I only knew about
sys.path. It works :-)
My name is Reinout van Rees and I work a lot with Python (programming language) and Django (website framework). I live in The Netherlands and I'm happily married to Annie van Rees-Kooiman.
Most of my website content is in my weblog. You can keep up to date by subscribing to the automatic feeds (for instance with Google reader):