Lately, a lot of issues in plone's Poi issue trackers were inexplicably rejected or postponed. There was no real pattern, but it did become quite a bother.
The problem seemed to be that the workflow transitions from open to both rejected and postponed did not have a transition guard. So everyone (including a google spider, for example) could change those states. That's not something that's in the actual Poi code, so how this bug ended up on plone.org is something of a mistery. The normal poi views don't show the ordinary workflow dropdown anymore, so that's probably why nobody noticed.
I wrote a script today that figured out the correct workflow states and reset the issue to that state if it didn't match the actual state. I checked quite a lot of items by doing a dry run with only logging. In that dry run, I found two items that didn't get their right state assigned. I couldn't figure out why it didn't work, though.
So: I encourage everyone that maintains a poi tracker on plone.org to look at the list of changed issues at http://plone.org/products/poi/issues/117 . I sorted it by project. The only thing you need to watch out for is whether you're perhaps the rare owner of an item that was wrongly changed from "rejected" or "postponed" to "open.
My name is Reinout van Rees and I work a lot with Python (programming language) and Django (website framework). I live in The Netherlands and I'm happily married to Annie van Rees-Kooiman.
Most of my website content is in my weblog. You can keep up to date by subscribing to the automatic feeds (for instance with Google reader):