Palmpilot search working againΒΆ

Tags: personal

I've had a problem with my palmpilot for two or three months. When I did a search, the palmpilot died with a textmgr.c line 751 Null record error. After some research I found out that the problem was to be found in the calendar. I found a little bit of info by searching on google for textmgr.c line 751 Null. Using pilot-database (part of the pilot-link tools on linux, probably there is something similar for windows) I dumped the datebook database to a textfile and browsed through it looking for strange things. In the end I found three strange items:

  • APPOINTMENT <13214287> from <unknown_time> to <unknown_time>
  • APPOINTMENT <13214288> from <unknown_time> to <1 jan 1970 17:25>
  • APPOINTMENT <3985935> from <30 dec 1980 08:00> to <30 dec 1980 09:00>

Solution

Yeah, right. Palm didn't exist back in 1980. So I purged all datebook items before 1985, without backing them up so that they would be gone for good. That did the trick! My palm doesn't crash anymore when searching!

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
vanrees.org logo

About me

My name is Reinout van Rees and I work a lot with Python (programming language) and Django (website framework). I live in The Netherlands and I'm happily married to Annie van Rees-Kooiman.

Weblog feeds

Most of my website content is in my weblog. You can keep up to date by subscribing to the automatic feeds (for instance with Google reader):